The London Resort Statutory Consultation
Started: 27 July 2020 12:00 - Closing: 21 September 2020 23:59
London Resort Company Holdings (LRCH) is proposing to develop a world-class, sustainable, next generation entertainment resort known as the ‘London Resort’, on the banks of the River Thames.
On this page you will find an overview of our proposals, links to all consultation materials, and webinar registration links. To sumbit your response, please click on the Complete Consultation button below.
The London Resort will be principally based on the Swanscombe Peninsula in North Kent, set over approximately 465 hectares including a newly dedicated access road to the A2 and easy access from Ebbsfleet International station. Transport facilities will be provided on the north side of the river, set over approximately 29.5 hectares of land, on land immediately to the east of the port of Tilbury, with a transport access corridor around the A1089.
The London Resort has been designated as a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project (NSIP). It was the first ‘Business or Commercial Project’ to be accepted as an NSIP by the UK Government under the Planning Act 2008. As such, we need to make an application for a Development Consent Order (DCO) to obtain permission to construct and operate the Project.
Consultation is an essential part of the DCO application process. We have always been committed to ensuring that the London Resort works for local communities as well as our visitors.
We held four stages of consultation over 2014 and 2015, to get early feedback on our emerging proposals. We have worked hard to refine and improve our proposals, taking into account all the feedback we have received, and changes to the area.
We are now carrying out statutory consultation and we would like your feedback on our evolved Masterplan, our transport strategy, our approach to sustainability and to minimising the adverse impacts of the scheme.
Your feedback is important to us, as it will help us shape our proposals before we submit our DCO application to obtain permission to construct and operate the Project.
About the Project
The London Resort will be globally competitive and mark a step-change in leisure and entertainment provision in the UK. Themed rides and attractions across two theme parks, with entertainment, eSports, a Water Park and conference venues, hotels, retail and dining, will all be brought together across one landscaped setting to create one of the largest, immersive experience centres in the world.
To visit our virtual exhibition space, please click here.
Outline of proposals
Our proposals have been adapted to better accommodate the environmental and technical constraints and opportunities, to maximise benefits and minimise impacts for the local community and environment.
The London Resort will include:
The Leisure Core – two theme parks with themed rides and attractions, entertainment venues, retail and dining
- Four hotels with up to 3,550 rooms, including one Water Park hotel
- Retail, dining and entertainment outside the park gates with Conferention Centre (i.e. Conference and Convention Centre) and an eSports Centre
- Car parking on the Swanscombe Peninsula and at Tilbury in Thurrock
- A Park and Glide facility at Tilbury, with river transport infrastructure on both sides of the Thames, including floating jetty and ferry terminals
- A new access road between the A2 Ebbsfleet junction and the London Resort
- Improved local transport links, including a network of pedestrian and cycle routes and enhanced public transport services
- Habitat creation and enhancement and public access
- Utilities, security and safety provisions
- Up to 500 homes for London Resort workers
Please refer to our consultation booklet - Guide to Consultation - for further details. Also available on this site are our assessments, revised development boundary, maps and drawings, and how to find out more - including public webinars and telephone surgeries.
How to respond
Online: Please submit your feedback by completing our online feedback form on this website.
Post: You can download the form and send it to FREEPOST: LONDON RESORT CONSULTATION. You do not need a stamp.
Email: You can also email your feedback to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more
Public webinar events: You can attend one of our public consultation webinar events, which we are holding on selected lunchtimes and evenings throughout the consultation period. Members of the team will present proposals and will be happy to answer questions. Please register via the links below:
Saturday 1st August 12:30-14:00. To register, click here.
Tuesday 4th August 12:30-14:00. To register, click here.
Tuesday 4th August 19:00-20:30. To register, click here.
Thursday 6th August 12:30-14:00. To register, click here.
Thursday 6th August 19:00-20:30. To register, click here.
Saturday 8th August 12:30-14:00. To register, click here.
Tuesday 11th August 12:30-14:00. To register, click here.
Tuesday 11th August 19:00-20:30. To register, click here.
Thursday 13th August 12:30-14:00. To register, click here.
Thursday 13th August 19:00-20:30. To register, click here.
Saturday 15th August 12:30-14:00. To register, click here.
Tuesday 18th August 12:30-14:00. To register, click here.
Tuesday 18th August 19:00-20:30. To register, click here.
Saturday 22nd August 12:30-14:00. To register, click here.
Tuesday 25th August 12:30-14:00. To register, click here.
Tuesday 25th August 19:00-20:30. To register, click here.
Saturday 29th August 12:30-14:00. To register, click here.
Tuesday 1st September 12:30-14:00. To register, click here.
Tuesday 1st September 19:00-20:30. To register, click here.
Saturday 5th September 12:30-14:00. To register, click here.
Telephone surgeries: You can arrange a time to talk to one of our team. These can be booked via our freephone line or email using the contact details below.
Paper copies of materials: You can order a hard copy of our consultation booklet (Guide to Consultation), the Summary PEIR, the response form and a freepost envelope. There may a charge for hard copies of technical materials, due to the volume of materials. If you would like to order hard copies, please contact us via the details below.
The consultation materials available to view are listed below and available via the links and document portal below. Please be aware that some larger files may take longer to load on devices such as mobile phones and tablets.
- Combined Section 47 and Section 48 Notice – statutory notices publicising the SoCC and the consultation
- Guide to Consultation – a non-technical document summarising the various elements of the Project, along with information on the potential effects, and details of how to respond to consultation
- Feedback form – please click the Complete Consultation button at the bottom of this screen, which will take you through to our consultation questionnaire highlighting the specific matters on which we are seeking feedback. You can also download our Feedback form here
- Consultation feedback reports - for the non-statutory and statutory consultations held previously. These documents explain the previous rounds of consultation and feedback received
- Statement of Community Consultation – setting out how LRCH intends to consult the public and local communities in the vicinity of the Project as part of our statutory consultation
- Preliminary Environmental Information Report (PEIR) - sets out the environmental assessments to date, and proposals to manage and mitigate against impacts.
- PEIR Volume 1: Main Statement - Each chapter has been uploaded separately
- PEIR Volume 2: Figures
- PEIR Volume 3: Appendices
- Summary PEIR – a non-technical summary of the PEIR
- Technical draft plans and drawings
If you have any questions about the consultation, would like to order paper copies of materials or the consultation feedback form, want to arrange a telephone surgery, or would like materials in alternative formats, you can contact us by:
Telephone: 0800 470 0043
Post: FREEPOST: LONDON RESORT CONSULTATION
Please provide your response by 11.59pm on 21 September 2020. We cannot guarantee responses received after this date will be considered.Complete Consultation